A factory that wants to be certified in compliance with the ICTI Code of Business Practices must follow these procedures:
- Complete the online Factory Registration form.
- ICTI CARE Foundation Asia Ltd will assign one of the accredited audit firms to the factory. The audit firm will contact the factory to arrange an initial audit.
- The cost of the factory audit will be based on the ICTI CARE standard rates plus any travel expenses, which should be negotiated between the applicant company and the audit firm. After reaching agreement on travel expenses, the factory audit will be conducted as scheduled.
- Upon completion of a factory audit, the factory should reach an understanding with the audit firm on the findings of the audit and, if necessary, implement a corrective action plan. In such cases, the audit firm will perform a re-audit based on the corrective action. Additional costs for conducting re-audits will be advised by the audit firm prior to the re-audit.
- If the audit is successful, the audit firm then will provide the results to ICTI CARE Foundation Asia Ltd, which will review and approve them.
- Once the results are approved, ICTI CARE Foundation Asia Ltd will issue a seal of compliance upon receipt of the seal fee.
- Such seal of compliance must be renewed annually, based on continuing, audit-verified, annual compliance. ICTI CARE Foundation Asia Ltd will then reissue the seal for the following year.